Author Topic: RoboFighters iPhone  (Read 7485 times)

quack

• Not-a-newbie
    • View Profile
RoboFighters iPhone
« on: July 09, 2009, 11:11:10 PM »
RoboFighters - A 3d robot combat game for iPhone. Of course we feel it's the best iphone multi player experience out. It went live yesterday and there's already ranked up users and new tactics being figured out. The game uses RakNet for the networking / lobby and natpunch system. We have our own leaderboard/ achivements and avatar system. A unique note for iphone is ALL users will be behind a router and we've seen like 80% connect rates with a ~6 second nat timeout. The game also used raknet when it was first released for adhoc multiplayer vi wifi. This is cool but not as cool as the online effort. The RoboFighters is currently on sale to seed online users so check it out soon. If you have questions on how we did what let me know.

http://www.team4000.com/
« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 12:01:35 AM by quack »

Rak'kar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • RakNet
Re: RoboFighters iPhone
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2009, 03:46:15 PM »
That's awesome. So you are running your own server for the persistent lobby data? Did you use UPNP to help with the NAT punch?

quack

• Not-a-newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 02:03:06 PM »
We have a lobby server running and it's amassing a ton of users daily. Only one lobby crash and zero natpunch server crashes. Again raknet is the awesome. I chose not to use upnp as i wanted to keep it simple as i really don't understand it fully (the background on the upnp port mapping tech,if it will work in coffeshops etc)

Rak'kar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • RakNet
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2009, 11:05:27 PM »
Great news.

Next time let me know where the lobby crash is if you would.

The UPNP stuff is simple, look at the NAT punchthrough sample in the current release. It's used there and I think is no more than 2-3 lines of code.