Author Topic: RakNet 2.451 released  (Read 5088 times)

Rak'kar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • RakNet
RakNet 2.451 released
« on: February 21, 2006, 10:22:27 PM »
Not much here but the first one is an important bug fix.

• Fixed bug where dropped connections were not detected as long as you kept sending to the dropped system.
  • WriteVector, etc. in the BitStream class can now take doubles as well as floats.
  • I think this was in the last version, but you can now use BitStream::WriteCompressed for doubles and floats as long as they range between -1 and 1.
  • Fixed an invalid assert when passing 0 to the fully connected mesh as the password.

knox

Re: RakNet 2.451 released
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2006, 11:04:36 PM »
Hi,
Fixed bug where dropped connections were not detected as long as you kept sending to the dropped system.

In which file and which function was this change made?
I want to make the same correction in the version I have.

Thanks.

ro4tub

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2006, 12:06:07 AM »
Now i am reading the RakNet library(V2.402).
I found one big bug.

when u implement the Singleton Pattern, u use the static member function & static member variable.
   but in fact u didn't know  the order of the initialization of the static variable.

u can  reference Andrei Alexandrescu's book "Modern C++ Design: Generic Programming and Design Patterns Applied".

/// PacketPool.h
class PacketPool
{
 public:
    static inline PacketPool& Instance()
   {
      static PacketPool  _pool;
                               return  _pool;
   }
};

and i find some source code aren't perfect. i will check out the latest version,read it ,and then list them.

by the way, i think u can try to use the boost library in your library. it will increase the performace of RakNet.
thanks your designing the library, i learned a lot. 

Rak'kar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • RakNet
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2006, 01:53:31 AM »
Hi,
Fixed bug where dropped connections were not detected as long as you kept sending to the dropped system.

In which file and which function was this change made?
I want to make the same correction in the version I have.

Thanks.

ReliabilityLayer.cpp and ReliabilityLayer.h function InsertPacketIntoResendQueue.  Use windiff to make sure you get the right changes.

Rak'kar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • RakNet
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2006, 01:57:07 AM »
The current version does run-time instantiation to accommodate custom memory managers.

Now i am reading the RakNet library(V2.402).
I found one big bug.

when u implement the Singleton Pattern, u use the static member function & static member variable.
   but in fact u didn't know  the order of the initialization of the static variable.

u can  reference Andrei Alexandrescu's book "Modern C++ Design: Generic Programming and Design Patterns Applied".

/// PacketPool.h
class PacketPool
{
 public:
    static inline PacketPool& Instance()
   {
      static PacketPool  _pool;
                               return  _pool;
   }
};

and i find some source code aren't perfect. i will check out the latest version,read it ,and then list them.

by the way, i think u can try to use the boost library in your library. it will increase the performace of RakNet.
thanks your designing the library, i learned a lot.